Sunday, March 20, 2016

44 Things I Know for Sure

Oprah closes every one of her magazines with a page on things she knows for sure, as I'm heading to the anniversary of my birth and starting another year on this big blue marble I wanted to share some things I know for true.  What things do you know?

  1. There are people in your life that will change your whole world if you let them in or let them go.
  2. I cannot do this life without my family those by blood and those by heart.
  3. Fresh flowers brighten a whole day.
  4. There is nothing better than taking off your work clothes and putting on play clothes at the end of a day.
  5. Paying off a major debt feels amazing.
  6. So does day drinking.
  7. Love won't fix you.
  8. Lost love won't kill you either.
  9. Love is always worth the risk.
  10. Sometimes a day alone in your pajamas is better than anything else in the world.
  11. A bad hour doesn't have to lead to a bad day or week or year or life.
  12. Time spent reading is never wasted time.
  13. If you don't love your job that will bleed into your life.
  14. Everyone is an artist they may not have discovered the medium just yet.
  15. I will always need to write poetry even if no one ever reads it.
  16. Books are almost always better than the movie-courtesy of my friend Susie.
  17. Libraries are magical.
  18. I am stronger than I think I am.
  19. Assuming good intent makes you kinder when people hurt you. And they will.
  20. Iron Man is the best Avenger.
  21. Sometimes sleeping late means 7:30.
  22. I am not defined by my past.
  23. I do not have to like someone because they like me first.
  24. I am enough.
  25. I will always watch The Shawshank Redemption if it is on television.
  26. From my friend Kory-friends will be around, but good friends are there when things are bad.
  27. I will always want to learn new things.
  28. Let your freak flag fly!
  29. The moments that change your life can be glaring or subtle, they are there.
  30. Living downtown was among the best decisions I ever made.
  31. There is nothing I love more than when one of my kids yells Lollie as they run to me.
  32. Sometimes the only thing that can make a day go away is a hot bath and a glass of wine.
  33. Stand up comedy is excellent company in the car.
  34. Reflecting on gratitude daily can change your life.
  35. So can meditation.
  36. And working out.
  37. I will always be a hunter and gatherer of people.
  38. My fichus tree George will always be less work than a pet and will live longer (way to go George, 18 years!)
  39. The sun will rise again, even if I don't see it--from my friend Todd.
  40. Remington Steele was the best show from the 80's and Pierce Brosnan was the best Bond.
  41. Drinks always taste better on a patio.
  42. The ocean will heal you.
  43. Apple products are better than Android.
  44. I love my life, with the bumps and bruises, the sharp turns and brakes, the false starts and stalls, the brilliance, the love, the laughter, the tears and the overwhelming joy.  I love my life.


2 comments: