Sunday, February 1, 2015

Cleanse

This time of year I hear about all kinds of cleanses, juice cleanse, fasting cleanse, the honey, cinnamon and maple cleanse.  Yesterday I did a different kind of cleanse.  I emptied every dresser drawer, every closet and the spare bedroom and started purging.  I feel like there is just too much here, too much stuff just too much.

As I look out at 2015 Monique and I have had conversations about streamlining our food, exercising more and being kinder to ourselves.  To that list I'm adding simplifying my home.  With cleaning out all the clothing I don't love yesterday  I am reminded that there are all kinds of binging that can happen beyond just food.

I'm really enjoying the cleanse I'm on this year.  I've talked about body image and how I want to be more comfortable in my skin in my clothes.  I also want to be more comfortable in my space.  Having three bookcases, two full closets, overflow kitchen gear in a closet and overstuffed drawers aren't comfortable.

Eating food that makes me feel horrible isn't comfortable.  Wasting my talents and my strength isn't comfortable.  I'm considering something scary in February.  I'm considering working out for 30 straight days. I know, 28 days in February but I'm curious to see if I can force exercise to be a habit. I'm scared to say this out loud but I want to love fitness and running again.

I know me, I know that I can find a million things to do that are a distraction. I can find all sorts of things that can distract me from the scary thing that I am working for.  The key with that is to stay silent. Keep my goals to myself so that when I don't make them the only person I have let down is me.

And now all of you. I've said it out loud.  I said I want to work out for 30 days in a row.  And to qualify that, that's at least 15 minutes of my heart pounding like I'm in love for the first time and he's looking back at you too. We all know what that feeling is like, it's truly being alive.  And we can all have that feeling when we challenge ourselves, when we cleanse all the old feelings and attitudes and stand tall and proud and look forward.

As I'm typing this my heart is pounding a little bit, I'm admitting out loud that I want to clean out the fear, clean out the quit and move forward to the new me.  I am saying outloud that I'm worth it and that I can have big goals that someone other than me knows about.

Right now I have six bags of things for the Lydia House and already I feel lighter.  Is there a big goal you are scared to say out loud??  Go for the cleanse!

No comments:

Post a Comment