Sunday, February 8, 2015

Appreciation

This year I'm trying to love working out, I'm trying to love running and moving my body.  I set a goal to work out every day for 30 days to force the habit. The rule is that if I don't work out then I start over again at day 1.  This alone is inspiration to move. But working against me is the way my body moves. The way that things shake and move of their own volition, the fact that I can't bend or move as well as I'd like because things get in the way.   But there is no such thing as perfection. 

The hardest part of any journey is to remember that it's progress not perfection.  I have to appreciate the getting there more than the destination, because there is no destination with health. There is strength and stamina but no true ending.  I will never be waif thin, and I don't want that. 

I'm starting to appreciate my curves, I know all of us chubby girls all of them curves, but it's time. I have curves and valleys and rolls that the very thin don’t.  I'm sure that thin girls appreciate their angles the way I love the swell of breast or curve of my knee.


There is no judgment in this for me, it's appreciating my own unique form no matter the size I currently am. It's knowing for the jackass who yelled at me while I ran a few months ago, that there is a wolf whistle from a man in a construction truck.  I may not be your type, but I am mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment